in and around london, cafes, matcha and some banana bread

Let me first clarify the banana bread. I bought a banana bread from Paris Baguette at the Canary Wharf station. I was in a rush, did not think much. That banana bread turned out to be a very good decision. It was freshly made, soft, moist, the perfect amount of sweetness, the perfect amount of choco-chips added.

I went back a few times; I never quite found the same one again. It was never fresh, always a day late. Or I had made such a big deal about it in my head, I was never satisfied again.

Matcha, on the other hand, I did find some great spots. Some photos to show my appreciation.

I also visited the London Coffee Festival with a friend. Suffices to say that I did not sleep that night. I must've tried coffee from around the world, at least 30 different types of beans.

I went back quite a few times to Kiss the Hippo. This photo was taken as it was pouring in London. I think I was at the Spitalfields store.

My first time at a coffee festival. I had way too much.

When in Cotswolds, you have to sit by the water like a local (tourist?) and have some matcha.

Never ate another banana bread that satiated me,

London is full of small cafes with quaint gardens and old buildings.

By the last few days in London, I realized I had had too much matcha.

Cafes in every corner.

Literally every corner.

I think this was my last matcha overlooking Hampstead Heath 

Some time ago, I had a moment. I came back home to Dubai and craved sitting in Kiss the Hippo, in the rain and drinking matcha. Only one of those 3 is easily possible in Dubai. I do miss it.

No comments