a greenhouse cafe - reading and matcha amongst plants

Harvest & Co is a very well-known cafe, nothing secretive about it. Though I do pride myself in searching and locating quaint lesser-known cafes. 

This cafe is located within one of the bigger plant shops in Dubai, off Sheikh Zayed Road. As you enter the shop, rows of plants greet you. Rubber plants. Fiddle Figs. Birds of Paradise. And as you try not to get distracted, you have to stop once in a while to admire a plant. Healthy, glossy. They look happy.

The cafe, at first glance, look ordinary. But as you finally step toward the back, you realize you are inside a glass house, surrounded by plants on all sides. In a city like Dubai, this is a privilege.

I sat in a corner, ordered a matcha and a cheese and leek toastie. I had my book. I had my sketch pad.

I read and drew, both. I´m still not able to not be distracted easily. But my attention span has improved so much over the months.

I lost track of time. I sat in the cafe for a good 2-3 hours. I would place my book down once in a while and just look around. Couples. Vloggers. Friends. Families.

The staff was very nice, service was good, food seemed fresh. When I walked in, I liked that there were others reading books.

A lovely place to spend a few good hours.

Have you been to Harvest & Co? Will you go back?

No comments